Local news

Help with Pensioners' Energy Bills

Merton's Energy Bill Rebate for Pensioners in Council Tax Bands E to H 

URGENT - Applications will close on 9 September at 5.00pm. 

Merton Council have allocated approximately £400,000 to share between state pensioners living in households in council tax bands E to H. 

The council have no easy way to identify state pensioners. So, if you received a state pension and live in a Band E to H home, you might be able to claim a grant to help with your energy bills. You can do this online at:


You’ll need to upload documentary evidence of your state pension. 

If you are unable to apply online, please call Merton’s revenues team on 020 8274 5706 for help. 

Applications will close on 9 September at 5.00pm

Join us on:


Share this page: