Safer Neighbourhoods - Top Tips
Top tips from the Safer Neighbourhood Teams to help residents avoid being burgled.
· Mark or etch your property with your postcode, house or flat number or the first three letters of your house name.
· Register items with a serial number at: www.immobilise.com
· Do not leave your car keys or ID documents near doors, letterbox or windows. Lock them away safely.
· Close and lock all your doors and windows, even if you are only going out for a few minutes.
· Keep your valuables out of sight through windows.
· Leave some lights on & ask a neighbour to pop in and open/close curtains if it will be dark before you get home or you are away for a few days.
· Install a visible burglar alarm &/or CCTV & don’t forget to set it!
· Always keep sheds and outbuildings securely locked.
· Lock away any ladders safely out of view.
· Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.
Don’t advertise your holiday on Social Media
If you see anyone acting suspiciously in your area, call 999 immediately.