History: Building Raynes Park

Montages of Raynes Park - 1907 to 2012

Trams came to Raynes Park in 1907. These were replaced by trolley buses in the 1930s and now buses.


Source pictures - Merton Library & Heritage Service


Grand Drive in 1911.  Looking towards Morden near the junction with Blenheim Road. The road crossed the old Raynes Park Golf Club hereabouts

grand drive copy

Source picture - Merton Library and Heritage Service

West Barnes Lane, looking towards the level crossing, with Adela Avenue joining on the left. The houses and trees on the left were photographed in 1911. Pyl Brook ran alongside the road on the right but went "underground" in 1947.


Source Pictures - Merton Library and Heritage Service

Join us on:


Share this page: